Welcome to another Saturday Weekly Wrap Up on WeatherTogether.net. Due to my working on transitioning to another computer, this week’s Weekly Wrap Up will be a little brief. Last week saw temperatures in the 50’s to 60’s, dropping to the upper 40’s as the week wrapped up. The main difference from last week’s forecast is the rain chance on Thursday didn’t pan out (it remained dry in Hot Springs). During the rain event for January 27 I mentioned in last week’s report, my CoCoRaHS gauge received .83″ of rainfall. Here’s a look at temperatures over the past week from my Earth Networks weather station, as well as a look at the current conditions.
Here’s a look at temperatures across the state from both NWS weather stations and Earth Networks weather stations. We’ve also had a few sprinkles of rain across Arkansas today, but not enough to be a major weather event. Here’s also a look at today’s rain gauge totals from Earth Networks weather stations across the state (maps courtesy of Baron Threat Net and Earth Networks Sferic Maps).
Here’s a look at the seven day extended forecast for Hot Springs, Arkansas. Temperatures will primarily be in the 50’s for highs, with rain chances on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Finally, here’s a look at weather news over the past week:
- Earth Networks rolled out a subscription service for businesses, providing them access to the entire suite of Earth Networks weather services
- Todd Yakoubian discusses winter punching back on the Arkansas Weather Blog
- Earth Networks introduces readers to field technician Edward Drummond
- Todd Yakoubian talks about the cold weekend on the Arkansas Weather Blog
- Earth Networks discusses how weather impacts insurance
- WeatherNation celebrates the 60th anniversary of the launch of the first NOAA satellite
- Earth Networks provides the Super Bowl forecast
- CoCoRaHS gives a 2018 winter update
- WeatherNation discusses how GOES-S satellite will improve forecasting for Alaska and Hawaii
- Puxy Phil saw his shadow on Groundhog Day
- Todd Yakoubian discusses February weather on the Arkansas Weather Blog
- Earth Networks informs businesses to start planning for summer weather now
That wraps it up here! Nathan Parker signing off!